Dec 13, 2012

Favorite Things...

There are so many great gift guides online these days.  It seems like all my favorite blogs have one....this might be my favorite.  (and by the way, I'm not sure if I told you that my samplers were included in this one.)  I thought of doing one this year, but things have been crazy around here, and I think I've run out of time.  Next year, next year.
Part of my lamb planter collection....this one's my favorite
I remember once a friend of mine told me that when she was a kid, there was a year when her family was really broke, and they wrapped up all their favorite things and put those old favorites under the tree.  I love that idea so much.  In this season of gifts, it's great to remember that I have a lot already. So in lieu of telling you all what to buy, I thought I'd show you some of my favorite things....stuff I already have but  probably haven't shown you before.....I hope that you are all having a happy Holiday season.....

A peek into my china cabinet.....that's my favorite bowl.  It's a Jenny Mendes.  I cant' wait to be able to afford more of her amazing work.  The little shrine in the front was a gift from my friend Lisa Stone, it's an original from the Rudolph Grotto in Wisconsin.  I love it there so much.
My Barometer, a treasure from our family cottage.  You should have seen this thing during Hurricane Sandy!

Sea Urchins from Deer Isle, collected over lots of walks with my friends Carole Ann and Ellen.  I love having these as a reminder of one of my all time favorite places on earth.  Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment