Jul 9, 2010

Sketchbook Friday


Like every year, at the beginning of this summer I made a list of goals.  One of the most important for me this year was to draw in my sketchbook every single day.  I am always telling my students that their sketchbook is their most important tool.  I've always thought that a collection of beautiful sketchbooks is a fabulous record of an artist's life, and I imagine the bookshelves and bookshelves full that are starting to accumulate.  While I sometimes miss a day or two, I try to make up for it to average seven pages per week.   I just ordered a new sketchbook (I like the A4 moleskines) since the one I am using is filling up fast....I think it will be done by next week.  While I was in Michigan, I spent a lot of time drawing on the dock.  It's a good life on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment