Dec 7, 2010

One more thing, done.

In my opinion, this box of ric-rac is the most impressive of all the things we organized.  Perhaps it's because it has the most potential for disarray.  Only my mother could spend an afternoon folding and winding three huge boxes of ric-rac and neatly fitting them sorted perfectly by color into one container.   Thanks, Mom!
While we were sorting Mom was sorting all this trim, I remembered a meeting that I attended once for the Fiber and Material Studies department where I teach at SAIC.  We were all talking about ric-rac, and suddenly someone asked "what's ric-rac?"   Well, I've never heard more people breath a collective gasp of shocked air.  I felt pretty sorry for that individual.     What's ric-rac?  Only the best way to mark a zig-zag!

No comments:

Post a Comment