May 19, 2011

Threading Needles

In getting ready for any workshop, or just a long day of work, I like to pre-thread lots and lots of needles. I think it's a great way to start the day.  Threading needles is mindless, grounding work;  a sort of a meditation, and it certainly comes in handy when I'm in the middle of a project or a demonstration and don't have to stop to reload.    If I'm working in the studio, I arrange them all by color in pincushions, but if I'm traveling, like I am in a week or two up to Squam, I keep all my needles tidy in a needlebook. 
If you're coming up to Squam to take one of my workshops, make sure you thread up your collection.  If you're without a case, just stick them in a piece of folded up paper.
For those of you coming to the post-Squam sale, perhaps I'll interest you in a handmade needle case a la my studio- they are all made from hand screen-printed fabric with 100% wool felt to keep your needles rust free.  A vintage button seals each one up.   If there are any left post squam I'll pop these up in the shop when the new samplers go up.

2 comments:

  1. I had never really thought about it, but threading needles does sound like an incredibly relaxing thing to do! Perhaps I'll thread all of mine in an attempt to save time later on, fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i was going to squam!!!!
    miss you.

    ReplyDelete