Feb 28, 2012

You're Invited: To Berkeley!

Last fall I mentioned here that I would be teaching in Berkeley this Spring.  I didn't have much to say about it because it was so far off.  Not anymore!  April is coming up fast, and I wanted to touch down and tell you all how excited I am to be teaching at Teahouse Studios in April. 
I visited the space when I was in California last fall, and instantly fell in love with the sun filled, good energy filled, colorful and happy space.  Three artists, Stef, Tiffany, and Mati share this space by week, and by weekend, they open up the space to artists from around the country who come to share their skills with participants.  I think it's such a great and smart business model.

I'll be there April 15 and 16th (tax time) sharing what I know about drawing, image transfers, and quick, layered embroidery.   If you come, you'll spend two days unlocking your creativity with drawing and stitching exercises designed to loosen up and layer up your marks and textures.  I'll bring tons of samples, materials and suggestions, and Teahouse will provide a great space to work in as well as a catered lunch (and snacks!) both days.  If you'd like to come from out of town, their website has a few suggestions of places to stay.  I'll be there the following week soaking in the eucalyptus scented air of California and staring out into the bay. 

I can't wait- and I really hope you'll join me.   If you use this special code ILOVETEA (no spaces, all caps) you'll get 10% off.   Register Here.

2 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to your class at Teahouse, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah! Hooray- I'm so glad you're coming! Please spread the word- can't wait to see you in California.

    xo Rebecca

    ReplyDelete