Mar 21, 2012

Monograms and His and Hers

While I was up on the roof yesterday in the hot sun, I dragged out my collection of Mr. and Mrs. and His and Hers embroideries and took a few pictures.  I'm teaching a Monogram workshop this weekend for Tradeschool and I thought it would be fun to show you my favorites.     These examples, piled up in the Brooklyn spring sun are in the "do not cut" category in my studio.   I've got boxes and boxes of embroidery that is ready and waiting to get sucked into one work or another, but some things are too good to cut, and this collection is one of them.  Maybe one day, but for now I like to keep the Mrs. set intact in all its glory.


Have I mentioned my unending love for Tradeschool?  The idea that I could sort through my cupboard and find something that someone else wants in exchange for teaching me something I've been dying to know is so cool.  There are still quite a few spots left for this Sunday's Monogram workshop.  I would love for you to join me.....  Let these embroidered letters be your inspiration, and come add your name or logo to your own fabric collection.   See you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment