Jan 26, 2013

Love in the mail....


When the Christmas decorations and candies come out at Walgreens in September, I groan like any person would.   I sure don't want to pick out candy canes in my flip flops.  But when an entire aisle gets decked out in pink and red for Valentine's Day at the crack of dawn on January 1st?  I don't mind one bit.  Valentine's Day is awesome, and I can't say enough good things about pink and red and the sweet smell of sugar.  I don't even eat most of that candy anymore, but I know a certain someone who I can't resist buying a great big red heart for every year, and her name rhymes with Maty.  

Downtown Brooklyn
 This year I'm trying to get a jump start on things, and spent a few hours this week painting some valentines.   They aren't quite finished yet, but painting them sure was a welcome break from an otherwise difficult week.  In the spirit of heart shaped boxes, and good mail days, and brightening someone's day, will you join me in making some Valentines this year?  Here are some links for inspiration......


Julie's Amazing Doily Cut Outs......
A Letter a Day for the Month of February......
An Online Vintage Valentine Museum.......


No comments:

Post a Comment