Feb 20, 2013

Vacation bliss...and a love letter to letters......



We flew home last night from paradise, er, Florida.  I don't mean to brag, but it was a really nice vacation.  I went to a beach yoga class, and I swear I could feel the earth spinning as I laid on it.  During a salutation to the sun, when I was looking up at the sky, I felt pretty sure that it was bliss.  If this life finds you in Siesta Key, I highly recommend that class.  As I type, they are wrapping up the Wednesday class, and I sure wish I was there stretching and listening to the waves and the pelicans.


I'm back in Brooklyn today, after arriving home last night to a mailbox that was full of not just one but six hand written notes.  People, that made my day!  A note from my uncle, a student, a customer, a friend, a new pen-pal, a new baby about to be born.....it was a fabulous welcome home.  Check out these amazing vintage stamps that came on one of them:

I'm still going strong with the Month of Mail challenge, and will get my replies out to all  of those letters this weekend.  I sent out a big handful of postcards from Florida, and at least half of all of them were to my Grandma.  


No comments:

Post a Comment