Apr 16, 2014

Stitch Sampler of the Month: Running Stitches


This month, we're focusing on Running Stitches.  This stitch is so easy, and it is probably the first stitch you learned when you were learning to sew, or quilt, or embroider.  It looks ok on it's own in a straight line, but my favorite way to use it is to make dense rows of it, over and over again to create a beautiful background pattern (as in the darning stitch, above).   To know me is to know that to me, more is more, so of course, I love to use the running stitch in the densest way possible.

How about you? Did you stitch this one last year?  I would love to see your version!  Please leave a comment with a link to your photograph!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just tell you how excited I was to see Running Stitch in my mailbox?! It's my very favorite stitch, and Kantha cloth is my very favorite cloth. Thanks for keeping me inspired!

    ReplyDelete