May 14, 2014

Introducing...Colorburst Starburst!


You guys really know how to make a girl feel good.  I was so happy to send so many of you the brand new Colorburst Subscription last month.  And you! You (ya'll) who subscribed to both subscriptions?  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  You're the best.

I myself am obsessed with these little Colorburst samplers, and just today, as I was leaving the studio to walk home, I noticed a stack of as yet unprinted drawings that I cannot wait to get onto fabric so I can stitch up the examples.  

This month's sampler  I'm calling Starburst, but I'm curious, what would you call it?  Perhaps next month I'll host a little naming giveaway.  I'm sure we could crowdsource some amazing ideas together.







A few details, since I'm sure some of you will ask.  I stitched this one almost entirely with backstitch and running stitch.  Yes, yes, I'm a broken record. They are my favorites!  The little orange stars at the end (beginning) of each section are algerian eyes, which really just means that they are made by making one stitch for each spoke that goes from the outside in.  They are easy!  You can see that I added even more running stitch in the outside yellow section than was originally printed.  What can I say? I'm a maximalist!

I can't WAIT to see what you guys do with this one.  Please- show me!  You can post in Instagram with #dropclothsamplers, or post to  the Flickr group here.   As always, thank you so very much for stitching along month after month, I love designing these patterns and sending them out into the world.

PS- These shipped out a little early too- check your mailboxes and get your needles threaded!

No comments:

Post a Comment