Jul 14, 2010

Old Images, New Vegetables


I found this amazing seed catalog in Michigan last week when I was out antiquing with my mom.  Isn't it fabulous?  I love the rich, saturated color- especially that beet! The inside is mostly black and white, but with beautiful hand drawn images of each seed that is offered.   I have a small collection of old catalogs (mostly Sears and Montgomery Ward's from the 1920's) and I never get sick of looking through their fragile, thinner than tissue pages.   I suppose they were not printed with the intention of being functional almost a century after the items inside were for sale.

I think the images from this little gem will be making their way into the next sampler, which I'll show a sneak peak of this Friday.  Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment