Aug 16, 2010

Collaborative Embroideries

As a part of my class at Haystack, everyone started, and then passed a piece of embroidery.   Everyday for seven days these got added to in different ways, collecting words, textures, images, and distractions.  Here are some of my favorite moments from the project.....

 

These photographs reaffirm my belief that I need a better camera, because what you probably can't see but what I know is there are fabulous small details, rich rewards for looking closer.  Those sunglasses?  They are made completely of two-turn french knots.  And that hair dryer?  It's completely covered in text that was all stitched in an afternoon. (!)  The students that I had at Haystack were unbelievable.   Smart, fast, interesting, amazing artists.  We had so much fun.  Here's an image from what I think was one of the best collaborations, the one that ended up being the most "finished" composition of them all, almost as if it had been planned that way:

No comments:

Post a Comment