Jul 16, 2011

Browsing....and Giving Away!

I am always so pleasantly surprised when, every so often, I take a minute to glace at the sampler flickr group.  You can too; over there on the right there's a button.  In progress or even finished embroidery in all different sorts of colors and combinations march across the page.  It's fun to look- some of those stitches are really incredible! To those of you who covered huge areas in satin stitch- yowza, I'm loving the thick colors.
All of this is to say that I love seeing all of your takes on my designs.  It sure does make me want to draw.  Another design is coming down the pike soon I do believe.  Stay tuned.  If you've got a picture of your own work, please do upload it to the group.  I can't wait to see it- leave a comment so I know it's coming over!
These little snippets of stitching are Bonnie's- started in the Stitch Dictionary class I taught at Squam last month.  I love the blanket stitched apple.  You can see more of Bonnie's work, including her beautiful knitwear patterns over at her blog, bluepenninsula.

After taking a good long look this morning, I realized that there really aren't that many examples of the newest samplers in the pictures.  So, if you've got one that you're willing to upload, leave me a message about it here, and I'll enter your name into a drawing for another sampler of your choice from the shop.  Comments will stay open until Friday at 9 am, when I'll announce the winner.   If you've got more than one sampler that you're working on, by all means, enter twice, enter three times!  Just leave a comment(s) so I know what's what (don't forget to include your e-mail so I can contact you if you WIN!)  Good luck, and thanks for posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment