Aug 15, 2011

Introducing: Paisley!

I'm excited to finally be able to share the newest sampler pattern with you.  Paisley is here!
The original idea behind this sampler was to make it more like my artwork.  I wanted to draw and stitch a sampler that was as dense and colorful as the studio projects.  I am so happy with the result, and I hope you will be too.
It was inspired by Indian paisley patterns, and in particular my favorite deck of cards, stolen from my parent's house as I was leaving for college because I loved them so much. I don't ever play gin with these, but I do, on occasion get them out and have a look.  I love the red and yellow super seventies design.  You might see some carryover into the embroidered pattern.....
I stitched my example as a stash buster, grabbing the nearest collection of bright perle cottons and going to town.  However, I'm thinking of stitching up a second in a more monotone palette, like these awesome blue and white bandannas.   I can't wait to see what you all do.  Please keep on adding your awesome work to the sampler flickr page.  My own example is not quite finished itself, so please stay tuned for the grand finale.  I've still got some pinwheels and lazy daisies to fill in...... The new sampler is now live in the etsy shop.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca- It's beautiful! Can't wait to start on mine!

    ReplyDelete