Oct 19, 2011

Sunrise over Santa Monica.

Whew!  After almost a week and a half breathing in the sweet eucalyptus air of California, I'm back in Brooklyn.  I had such a great time, and I've got lots of pictures to share with you over the course of the rest of the week.  First up, Santa Monica. 
Since Santa Monica was the first stop on my trip, I was pretty much on NYC time the whole weekend, which worked out great.  I'm an early riser anyway, so it was a lot of fun to get up at six, hop on one of the inn's cruisers and head across the street to the beach to watch the sun come up.  Two mornings in a row I rode to Venice Beach and back, and the first day I almost tipped off my fat tired bike because I was laughing out loud with happiness. 
I saw some of the same joggers, roller-bladers, surfers and fisherman both days.  I love morning time.  More on daytime at the beach tomorrow.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment