Oct 10, 2011

Embroidery Birthday Bash

I just arrived in Berkeley, after having one of the best weekends of the year in Santa Monica.  A student of mine that I met last summer at Squam asked me to come out and teach a workshop for her birthday, and after much planning and finagling, what started as a whim came true this last Saturday. 
It felt like a charmed day that unfolded with embroidery, and led to an al fresco lunch, cupcakes, laughter, and lots of people who had never embroidered before leaving late to dinner because they were having such a good time.  I hope all the birthday guests had as much fun as I did!
As my first private in-home workshop it was a fabulous event- complete with the sweetest dog on earth, Bella the Beagle, who sat by our sides and looked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment