Jan 23, 2012

Thrift Score!

While I was teaching at Ox-Bow, Jesse and I made it to one of my favorite thrift stores, Bibles for Mexico. (TWICE)  This is one of the few places where you can still find things for a quarter.
I found a big box full of these colorful crocheted doilies, with a sign on the box listing them as $1 each.  I picked out my top ten and made my way to the check out with my other stuff.  The sweet ladies working the register asked me how much they were and then, frowning, said "That's too much! How does twenty five cents each sound, dear?"  Great!  Clearly, I had to go back and get the rest.  And so I did.   If you live in West Michigan, check this place (in Holland) out.

3 comments:

  1. What a find! I wonder who crocheted them and chose those super cheery colors. They obviously like sunny yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I wish I did know who made them so I could request yards and yards of the ruffled trim in those colors.

    ReplyDelete