Aug 22, 2012

The Great Clean-Out Of 2012....

Whew!  After travelling for more than 3/4 of the summer, I have been kicking it into overdrive since I got home Saturday night.  After each trip, I dumped a pile of stuff in the studio, and after a summer of doing so, it was a sad sight to see.  Monday morning I started methodically plodding through the piles of plane tickets, fabric samples, demo examples, and gum wrappers, sorting everything back into manageable piles and trying to make sense of it all.  My i-pod full of podcasts that I missed out on while travelling, I've been having a great week of purging.
One of the trips I made while I was gone was to help my Grandmother pack up a few things for a move to a smaller apartment.  It made me stop and think about how much stuff I have, and I've been on a mission to de-clutter not just the studio, but also the entire apartment.  So, I've been taking books to the library sale, clothes to the thrift store, and everyday I've been setting a box of things on the curb for passersby to take home.  Finding an imagined appreciative home for everything makes me feel good.  Having space where there was clutter?  Priceless.
Today I tackled the first of a few mountains of fabric, and packed a few up into bundles for a virtual stoop sale in the shop.  In addition to the fabric bundles, I also found two beautiful lace tablecloths (don't worry mom, they aren't family heirlooms, at least not our family's) and a pile of limited edition samplers, hand printed on a vintage embroidered tablecloth.  The first batch of all of it is listed in the shop now, and it's priced to sell.  Please take an additional 10% off with code AUGUSTSALE through tomorrow morning at 9 EST.  Everything's wrapped up in pretty ribbons (also stash-busting) and ready to ship out to you.  I hope you find something you like.

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on the clutter... but I can't seem to stop buying and/or acquiring fabric. Which is why I am headed to your shop now... :)

    ReplyDelete