Sep 4, 2012

Mainely Drawing....

At the beginning of the summer, when the invitation to apply for New Works arrived in my mailbox, my initial reaction was to let it go.  I had so many other teaching trips on the books, and the idea of adding another trip even though it wasn't for teaching was overwhelming.

However.......I'm so glad I pushed past that and mailed in my entry, because tomorrow, I'm getting in the car and driving to Haystack for a week of making my own work.  No teaching, no classes, no deadlines, just a week to draw and write on the beautiful campus and get to know a bunch of other artists.  I attended New Works two years ago and had one of the most productive artistic weeks ever, so I am pretty stoked to get there tomorrow and unload my sketchbooks and paintbrushes.
It will be quiet around here until next week.  I'll be back with a recap and a few announcements of what's in store for the fall next week.  See you on the flipside!

3 comments:

  1. that does sound really nice. It's a great time of year to do something like that. Have a great time :)
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo wish I was taking your October workshop at Haystack, but I didn't make the lottery... sigh.

    ReplyDelete