Mar 29, 2013

Spring Catch Up....

Hello friends.  It's been awhile since I've touched down here, and I've got a lot to tell you.  For today, a picture of my almost complete (and then broken!) Pysanka.   My friend Rachel and I took a Ukrainian egg decorating class last weekend at the Ukrainian Museum here in New York.


It was a lot of fun until the final step when we both broke our eggs.  We bought the kits, and we'll try to redeem ourselves this weekend.   I'll show you the (hopefully improved!) results next week.   In the meantime, a list of what's going on around here......


  • Next weekend I'm hosting a Crafternoon event at the New York Public Library with my friends from Creativebug!  Liesl Gibson will also be there, and I can't wait to meet her in real life!  I hope you can come by and embroider with us!  This is a free event, but reservations are recommended due to limited space.  Click here to sign up.


  • Looking ahead, I'll be teaching at Snowfarm in Western Mass. this fall.  Here's a link.

  • The Dropcloth Sampler Flickr Group is looking amazing!  Thanks to everyone who has been adding works in progress and finished samplers.  I love seeing what you're up to.  Stay tuned here next week for a thread giveaway- and up your odds this weekend by uploading your own images!  

  • Finally, speaking of eggs....if you're looking for a little Easter inspiration, check out my friend Jessica's embroidered egg tutorial here.

No comments:

Post a Comment